Thursday 19 May 2016

What I know and yet still wonder about.

Love <3

I usually deny this among a lot of people but I know somewhere in me, I am a hopeless romantic.

I believe in everyone having someone. I believe in the absurdities that love creates.

 I believe in falling head over heels and I believe in getting your heart broken.

 I believe the first cut is the deepest.

I believe in flowers, chocolates and teddy bears. 

I believe in dancing in mirrors and singing in showers.

I believe in batting eyelids and twirling hair.

Love is my hugest dream, my utmost hope and infinite light. I believe in everything that tells the story of love; be it pain and sacrifice, or unspeakable joy.

I believe love is strength and light. It’s that thing that makes you want to go on, but showing you how to. It’s a fire radiating with energy; an energy that achieves almost anything- everything.

 It inspires. It brightens. It provides clarity and ironically takes it away. Love is its own person.

Love is its own initiative.

 Love makes you crazy enough, the right kind of crazy.

Love makes you blind to everything else but the object of its affection.

Love is total.

Love is complete.

Love is so many things, but what is love truly? What consists of love purely? What defines love especially and completely?

What is love without the knowledge of its eminence?

What is love and truly how can you love anything or anyone without knowing the love of God?
Experiencing the love of Christ is unfathomable.

 It’s overwhelming.

 Its life directing.

I believe in love. It cannot be proved or in any way deemed logical but it always has your back. Completely and forever. The love of Christ expressed in the greatest act ever; the death of the Son that we may become the righteousness of God.

After encountering that love, you can’t be the same again even if you wanted to.

You realize strength and drink in the sight of an amazing light.

I have experienced the love of God even before I knew I was. In so many ways he poured and bestowed over me. But when I simply glimpsed at the picture in a more mature and enlightened paradigm, I experienced so much joy.

 It stripped me bare and accepted me for who I was. That’s the amazing love of Christ, embodied in the sole act of sacrifice; the sacrifice of His one and only begotten Son for me, that I may be loved eternally. That’s the thing- God is love.

It’s something that’s more understood experientially than otherwise. It is almost ethereal for lack of any other complicated word to put in that sentence.

You say you know love? If it isn’t from Christ, flowing from a relationship with him, it’s simply a reflection of something else.

“The Love of Christ both wounds and heals, it fascinates and frightens, it kills and makes alive, it draws and repulses.
There can be nothing more terrible or wonderful than to be stricken with love for Christ so deeply that the whole being goes out in a pained adoration of His person, and adoration that disturbs and disconcerts while it purges and satisfies and relaxes the inner heart.”

A.W. Tozer.

No comments:

Post a Comment